Information you will need to know
Remind App: To stay updated and communicate with PA Bands, Download the Remind App, and add us @PAHSFMC
Website: www.PABands.org you will need to go here often to check on news updates, calendar updates, etc.
Mandatory Parent Meeting: 6 PM on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 @ Thalila Lynn Baptist Church (right beside PA) Fellowship Hall.
For Band Camp:
Regarding Heat and the Heat Index Warnings
Mr. Boyd carries an App on his phone (OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool from the Centers for Disease Control) that he uses during the entire outdoor portion of rehearsal to monitor heat health conditions. As the heat index rises, water breaks will increase in frequency and length. Shade will also be provided and mandatory. Please be sure that your student brings sunscreen as well as head cover (hat: this is mandatory).
Breakfast (Foods ok to eat. Choose from this list, don’t eat them all in one sitting):
- Bagel (a little butter is ok; jam is good as well)
- Banana (these contain about everything you need for your day in them)
- Whole-grain toast/bread
- Apple juice (All-natural/unfiltered… not “Apple Drink”)
- 1 cup of yogurt (helps with the digestion in the morning)
- Oatmeal w/ cinnamon
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Whole wheat waffles
Option 1: Bagel w/ jam, water, banana
Option 2: Oatmeal w/ cinnamon, Apple juice, banana
Option 3 : Cup of yogurt w/granola, banana, water
Option 4: whole-wheat pancakes/whole wheat waffles, banana, apple juice
Lunch (Foods ok to eat. Choose from this list, don’t eat them all in one sitting):
- 12 oz Gatorade (please see “Gatorade rules” at the bottom of the list)
- PBJ sandwich (whole wheat bread)
- Whole-wheat pretzels
- Bag of dry cereal (non-sugared)
- Granola Bars (Nature Valley is a good brand… please avoid getting “S’more”-style bars)
- Fruit (especially bananas, apples are great, too!)
- Salad (greens help you hydrate)
- Lunch meat is good, if you have a cooler in which to keep it. Turkey, Roast beef, etc. (A small amount of mayo is ok, a mayo sandwich is not. Put lettuce on the sandwich, too)
Dinner (Foods ok to eat. Choose from this list, don’t eat them all in one sitting):
- 6-8 oz. Protein of your choice (beef, chicken, fish, beans)
- Brown rice
- Whole-grain pasta/regular pasta
- Whole-wheat bread
- Vegetables (not with a lot of butter)
- Fruit (guess what… bananas are great!)
- All Day Long:
Water! We will take continuous water breaks; use them every time to hydrate yourself. General rule of thumb is half your body weight, in ounces. Example, if a student weighs 150 lbs, then they should drink approximately 75 oz. of water a day.
- Rules on Gatorade:
Gatorade, or any sports drink, needs to be consumed about 2 hours before your work-out in order to be effective, and should never be used in place of water for hydration. Gatorade is also good to drink after your work out to replace lost minerals and electrolytes. Sodium is important because it regulates the electricity and Ph in your body, and you lose it as you sweat and your body temperature rises.
|Required Items For Band Camp:|
|A GOOD ATITTUDE, READY TO GET SOME WORK DONE AND HAVE FUN…
and most of all….
UNITY WITH PRIDE